SSC CGL 2020
Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2020
ONLINE APPLICATION DATES
Starting Date – 29 Dec 2020
Last date : 31 Jan 2021 (11:30 pm)
Last date making online fee payment: 02 Feb 2021 (11:30 pm)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 04 Feb 2021 (11:30 pm)
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 29 May 2021 to 07 June 2021
Date of Tier-II Examination & (Descriptive Paper): To be notified later
Online Application Direct Link – Click Here
Total Vacancies in SSC CGL 2020 – 6506
- Group ‘B’ Gazetted = 250
- Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted = 3513
- Group ‘C’ = 2743
AGE LIMIT – (age reckoning date is Jan 1, 2021)
30 YEARS for Group B Gazetted and Non Gazetted Posts
27 YEARS for Group C Non Gazetted Posts
32 YEARS for Post of JSO (MoSPI) –> Complete course of Statistics SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 3
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CGL is considered to be one of the biggest examinations to be conducted for graduate students in India. SSC conducts SSC CGL every year to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in its Subordinate Offices. SSC CGL 2020 will be a great opportunity for students looking forward for a position in the reputed organizations under the central government. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. While a government job helps to build a stable career, it is also loaded with responsibilities.
SSC CGL 2020 Notification
The Official Notification of SSC CGL 2020-21 has been released by Staff Selection Commission of India on 29th December 2020. The online application window have been opened for one month from 29th December 2020 to 31st January, 2021. The official PDF link is mentioned below.
DOWNLOAD SSC CGL 2020 NOTIFICATION PDF
SSC CGL Vacancy 2020
The Vacancy for SSC CGL 2020-21 exam has not been released yet. Last year, a total of 8582 Vacancies have been notified by SSC in which 3674 vacancies are declared for the General category. The vacancies have seen a decrease as compared to previous ears. A total of 11271 vacancies were to be filled by SSC CGL 2018-19 exam. These vacancies have been created in the department of Income Tax, Excise and Custom etc. Candidates can check SSC CGL Vacancy Comparision Year wise by looking into the vacancy details of SSC CGL.
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2020-21||–||–||–||–|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||UR- 3674||SC- 1242||ST-667||OBC-2198||Total-8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19||UR- 5770||SC- 1723||ST-845||OBC-2933||Total-11271|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2017||UR- 4238||SC- 1318||ST-653||OBC-1916||Total-9276|
SSC CGL Selection Process
SSC CGL 2020 Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
1.1 Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
1.2 Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
1.3 Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
1.4 Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
• All candidates who have applied successfully for SSC CGL 2020 exam, will be assigned Roll numbers and Admit Card for appearing in the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I).
• Based on the marks scored in Tier-I, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
• Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
• Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
• In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC has introduced minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL 2020 Exam. Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
14.3.1 UR : 30%
14.3.2 OBC/ EWS : 25%
14.3.3 Others : 20%
MORE DETAILS ABOUT SSC CGL EXAM –> CLICK HERE